Five facts you didn’t suspect about the ‘National Lampoon’s Vacation’ quadrilogy
While you’re trying to remember all the happy moments of the series, here are five facts about the series, you probably didn’t even expect about.
Read more: Maze Runner 2 trailer has been released
- Rusty Griswold, played by Anthony Hall grew three inches during the production process. No, it wasn’t the film that affected the boy in such a way. Anthony was going through the virility process at that time and his hero appears of different heights in the movies.
- The film scenario was created by John Hughes, the author of such 80’s movies as Sixteen Candles or The Breakfast Club that became very popular those times.
- Do you remember Christine Brinkley, the woman that played the attractive girl on the red sports car? She was a rising model at that time and studio managers decided that she should have a part in the film. Her acting was a success and she appeared in the fourth part of the series, the Vegas Vacation.
- Imogene Coca (aunt Edna) didn’t want to take part in the movie as she had a reputation of one of the most gentle women in the world and she was afraid that she couldn’t play the role of a mean old lady in the movie.
- The stunt manager of the series said that he would jump in the Griswold’s Truckster at the distance of more than 50 feet while the crew was shooting the scene in the desert. Of course, nobody believed him, so he made a bet with the rest of the crew and won.